Skip to main content

April 12

Tuesday in Holy Week
Tuesday, April 12
John 12:20-36

The reading on the Tuesday of Holy Week has us moving closer to Jerusalem and ultimately Golgatha.

Jesus’ words while not desperate sound as if he is laying hard on the message of why he is there at this moment in time.

Imagine you’re a bystander in the crowd who hears these words:

“Those who love their life lose it and those who hate their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.”

“Now my soul is troubled. And what should I say – ‘Father, save me from this hour? No! It is for this reason I have come. Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven. “I have glorified it and I will glorify it again.”

What would you do if you heard those words at that moment coming from heaven? Run for cover? Drop to your knees? Stand frozen? Weep? Imagine being there, hearing those words after watching Jesus perform miracle healings for several years and having heard his message of loving God and neighbor over and over. That in itself would be pretty convincing that this is no ordinary man. Then hearing a voice from Heaven saying, “I have glorified my name and I will glorify it again” would bring amazing power, majesty, and hope to our souls that thirst for God.

May any part of my unbelief or waffling faith be reminded that God has glorified Himself and us with a promise that our story does not end as a pile of dust but is destined to the glory of Eternity.

Thanks be to God.

Reflection by Sara Vale

Comments